Latest posts by Savannah Larsen (see all)
- WEDDING DRESSES, PHOTO BOOTHS, HARRY POTTER & NEWPORT… - September 30, 2016
- ROCK IT LIKE RITA - August 31, 2016
- C’EST LA TEA | SCOTTSDALE, AZ - August 27, 2016
Staying Healthy During Flu Season By Dr. Noah Lebowitz
The Center for Disease Controls has called this year’s flu season one of the worst we’ve had in years. Catching the flu can put one out of work and stuck in bed for days, or even weeks, at a time. Most of us don’t have time for this, but how do we help prevent it? Below are 5 natural and inexpensive ways to help beat the flu season!
- Drink herbal tea made from Star Anice daily
- Why? Star Anice is where the main ingredient in Tamiflu comes from.
- Get outside!
- In addition to free Vitamin D from sunlight exposure, UV light is key in boosting ones immune system and fighting the common cold or even the flu. Ideally 20+ minutes per day on exposed skin
- Add fresh garlic and ginger to your food
- Garlic and Ginger have both been shown in numerous studies to be broad spectrum anti-microbials to help you fight off unwanted illness
- Exercise not only boosts your immune system to fight off colds and the flu, it will also help with long term health issues including heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, etc.
- Increase your fruit and vegetable intake
- Eating fruit like oranges and grapefruit will give you plenty of vitamin C, which is known as a powerful immune booster. Eat lots of raw greens (Kale, Collards, Broccoli, carrots Green Beans, Lettuce (not iceberg), peas, etc.) in addition to give your body the vitamins, nutrients, and minerals to fight off anything you encounter.
For more health tips from Dr. Noah Lebowitz visit www.DrNoahLebowitz.com.
Dr. Noah Lebowitz
Chiropractic and Applied Kinesiology office
16700 N Thompson Peak Pkwy #260
Scottsdale, AZ 85260