Latest posts by Savannah Larsen (see all)
- WEDDING DRESSES, PHOTO BOOTHS, HARRY POTTER & NEWPORT… - September 30, 2016
- ROCK IT LIKE RITA - August 31, 2016
- C’EST LA TEA | SCOTTSDALE, AZ - August 27, 2016
A healthy, protein rich alternative to peanut butter, almond butter has become a staple in my kitchen these days. I eat it with apples, toast, bananas and even use it for cooking! The part that you wouldn’t believe is how easy it is to make.
After finding out that my juicer is also a food processor, I decided to give it a try. I had a bag of almonds in my pantry along with raw honey and coconut oil. My experiment went surprising amazing and now I’m addicted. Almond butter is made on the weekly in my house. Keep reading for my simple almond butter recipe!
- 3 Cups Almonds
- 3 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbs Raw Honey
- Using a masticating juicer, slowly pour 3 cups of almonds into your juicer. The almonds will breakdown into powder form. You will need to repeat this step 5 times until the almonds begin to produce oil and form shape. Raw almonds do not produce as much oil as roasted almond so do not be alarmed if your almonds are still powdery.
- Place the almond powder in a bowl along with 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of raw honey. Mix ingredients until they form a buttery consistency. Store almond butter in a small jar and keep refrigerated.
- If you are using a food processor, place almonds into processor and mix until almonds turn into powder. Add your 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of honey and continue to pulse until all ingredients form into butter. Store almond butter in a small jar and keep refrigerated.
**Please note, if you are using roasted almonds, you will not need the full 3 tablespoons of coconut oil as these almond produce enough oil on their own. The honey is used for taste and can be omitted.