Latest posts by Savannah Larsen (see all)
- WEDDING DRESSES, PHOTO BOOTHS, HARRY POTTER & NEWPORT… - September 30, 2016
- ROCK IT LIKE RITA - August 31, 2016
- C’EST LA TEA | SCOTTSDALE, AZ - August 27, 2016
Living Lately taught us some tricks on 10 ways to sneak in an exercise. Now we are sharing them with you!
1. Power walk while grocery shopping, take the stairs and avoid the escalators or elevators. Think about how many extra cals you can burn while holiday shopping!!
2. Meet a friend for a walk around the lake, tennis or a yoga class instead of meeting for dinner. Do something active together!! (Then go and enjoy your glass of wine together–guilt free!)
3. Park farther away! Don’t fight the crazies for that front spot, such a waste of time! Park farther away to burn those extra calories walking to the front door!! (Great way to avoid dings in the car door as well)
4. Clean up! It’s true scrubbing floors, vacuuming, cleaning showers, mirrors, dusting…all burns calories!! Plus reap the reward of a clean home. Of course, if you’ve got the best robot vacuum in your home, you may not be able to exercise while you clean, but you could get your vacuum to clean around while you partake in another calorie-burning cleaning activity.
5. While catching up on your DVR, stretch your hamstrings, hold a plank pose, do a few sets of push ups…every little bit helps!
6. Multi-task…hop on a phone conversation and get on your walking shoes! Walking around while chatting on the phone not only stimulates blood flow to brain but also helps in…yep you guessed it, burning those calories.
7. Pretend you’re in 3rd grade…stash a jump rope nearby whether you are in the office in between meetings or at the park with your little ones, jump roping for 10 minutes burns 110 calories!!! What are you waiting for? Get hoppin’.
8. Every time you are stopped at a red light, contract your abs. Strengthen your powerhouse minute by minute while waiting for the light to turn green…or heck, contract your abs while reading this!
9. Calf raises while brushing teeth is a great way to tone the legs as well as make sure you get your pearly whites.
10. Last but not least…schedule it in! Treat it like an important event–schedule the 4pm Pilates class and build the rest of your day around it!
Visit Living Lately to see more of her health tips!